Most single malt drinkers like their drams neat or on the rocks. But what about in a cocktail? If that thought doesn’t sit well with you, you’re not alone. Rest assured the we came across an outstanding cocktail from Bowmore called “The Islay Blossom.” Whip one up and we promise you’ll think differently about single malt cocktails. Promise.”
Bowmore is a mid-range, refined Islay single malt with notes of peat smoke and Atlantic sea salt. Every dram of Bowmore embodies the very essence of Islay in a glass.
• 40 ml Bowmore 12YO
• 40 ml Camomile and Mint Tea
• 30 ml Elderflower Liqueur
• 2 Cardamon Seeds
• Garnish with pink flower
Fast facts about Bowmore:
- The first recorded mention of Bowmore Distillery was in 1779, making it Islay’s first and one of the oldest in Scotland.
- Bowmore Distillery has stood in exactly the same position, on the shores of Loch Indaal – a sea loch opening out into the Atlantic Ocean – since 1779.
- Bowmore Distillery’s proximity to the sea plays a vital role in determining the final character of the spirit. Bowmore’s No. 1 Vaults – the oldest maturation warehouse in Scotland – couldn’t be much closer to the sea; its North-West facing walls take a constant pounding from the Atlantic Ocean’s waves.
- Bowmore is one of a very few distilleries that still produce their own floor-malted barley, which is laboriously hand-turned by a dedicated team of Maltmen.
With its peat smoke and Atlantic sea-salt brininess, every dram of Bowmore embodies the very essence of Islay in a glass. Bowmore’s citrus, salt, and vanilla notes delicately interlace with smoke, make it a surprisingly approachable and balanced Islay malt.
Bowmore Small Batch – 40% abv.
First-fill bourbon barrels offer delicious vanilla sweetness, subtle spices and bourbon oak smoke to complement Bowmore’s gentle peaty smokiness, while the second-fill cask enhances Bowmore’s fresh fruity complexity and showcases its trademark honey and creamy malt character.
- Appearance: warm gold.
- Aroma: vanilla fudge, sea air and peat smoke, balanced beautifully by honeycomb and cinnamon spice.
- Taste: mouth-watering citrus, gentle saltiness and vanilla with flakes of coconut.
- Finish: wispy smoke, bourbon vanilla and lime finish.